La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland
The design, manufacture, and testing of the Wolverines Collection is completed entirely in La Chaux-de-Fonds. Founded in 1656, La Chaux-de-Fonds is nestled in the, "Watch Valley" of the Jura Mountains. This watch making city is also home to many well-respected Swiss brands - Patek Phillipe, Greubel Forsey, Breitling, Jaquet Droz, Ulysse Nardin and Cartier - to name a few.
The Swiss Made label is synonymous with quality and carries a reputation that has withstood the test of time. However, not all Swiss Made watches are created equal.
The Swiss Industry's Definition of Swiss Made
- its movement is Swiss;
- its movement is cased up (sub-assembled) in Switzerland; and
- the final inspection is carried out in Switzerland
The MaraWatch Definition of Swiss Made
The Federation’s requirements are sufficient for mass-produced Swiss watches. However, MaraWatch standards are far more robust.
Each MaraWatch timepiece meets a purist’s definition of Swiss Made:
- was designed - both aesthetically and technically - entirely in Switzerland;
- uses a chronometer quality Swiss movement;
- includes a case that is manufactured and finished in Switzerland;
- uses only components (dial, hands, markers, crowns, etc.) manufactured in Switzerland;
- completes all sub-assembly and final assembly in Switzerland;
- completes all testing and inspections in Switzerland; and
- concludes testing with final acceptance by Mr. Mara
MaraWatch timepieces are designed and built to be enjoyed for decades. As with all fine mechanical devices, proper care and maintenance is essential.